Friday, January 8, 2010

Climbing the Hill

I have seen this mountain in the distance everyday on my way to work in the mornings. Finally, when it was -25 C I decided that it was time to climb it to see what was up there. I first found this gazebo with an awesome view of Anseong, and I would have been happy if that was all I found. I noticed a different trail opposite the one I came up, and decided to follow it. What I found was one of the neatest things I have seen as far as traditional culture goes here in Korea. Nestled in the middle of the woods on the way up the mountain was a temple. Granted, nobody was there that I could tell, probably due to the snow, but it was still pretty awesome. Maybe when the weather gets better the monks will come back, and so will I. There are also a series of hiking trails throughout the area on top of the mountain, some as long as 7km, so I will be exploring those in the coming weeks.





No comments:

Post a Comment